The Agency executes entrusted legal competencies guided by the Standards and Guidelines for Quality Assurance in the European Higher Education Area (EHEA - ESG).
In the past period, the Agency has worked intensively to achieve the recommendations given by the commission in charge of external evaluation on behalf of the European Association for Quality Assurance in Higher Education (ENQA), which was confirmed during a monitoring visit in late May. In 2019, it was stated that most of the recommendations were fully implemented (improvement of the Agency's resources, procedures for appeals and complaints in the implementation of procedures, internal quality assurance of the Agency, thematic analysis of the quality assurance system in higher education, etc.). We remind you that the Agency has the status of an associate member of ENQA, and is preparing for full membership in this association. At the end of March 2019, the Agency organized a consultative visit by the President of the European Quality Assurance Register for Higher Education (EQAR) with the aim of fully harmonizing the work of the Agency with the ESG.
In this regard, the Agency continued to strengthen international cooperation with other agencies from the European Higher Education Area (EHEA) in order to improve its work based on positive practices and experiences, and agreements were signed with quality assurance agencies in higher education area from Serbia, Montenegro, Russia, Spain (Aragon and Catalonia) and Turkey. Cooperation with partner agencies also takes place through staff exchange programs between agencies mediated by the Central and Eastern European Network of Quality Assurance Agencies in Higher Education (CEENQA), where the Agency for Higher Education of Republic of Srpska is a full member and from 2017 has a representative in the Executive Board. Assistant Director for Accreditation and International Cooperation, Duska Radmanovic was elected in 2017 as a member of the Executive Board of this network, and in one term she also performed the duty of Vice President of CEENQA.
The Agency has signed the following agreements with institutions involved in quality assurance in higher education:
- Cooperation agreement in the area of quality assurance and accreditation in higher education with the Commission for Accreditation and Quality Assurance (CAQA), Republic of Serbia
- Memorandum on Cooperation with the National Accreditation Agency (NAA), Russian Federation
- Cooperation agreement in the area of quality assurance in higher education with the Institute for Philosophy and Social Theory Belgrad (IFDT), Republic of Serbia
- Memorandum on Cooperation with Aragon Agency for Quality Assessment and Accreditation, Zaragoza
- Memorandum on Cooperation with Agency for Control and Quality Assurance of Higher Education of Montenegro (ACQAHE), Montenegro
- Memorandum of Cooperation with Association for Evaluation and Accreditation of Teacher Education Programs (EPDAD)
- Memorandum of Cooperation with Agency for Quality in Higher Education of Catalonia (AQU)